So I thought it might be worth blogging about what #wellness actually is all about.
I always thing the first thing that comes to mind is eating healthy and going to the gym – this is where most people get it wrong.
Leading a healthy lifestyle is definitely something that helps your wellness, however, it’s more than just the physical training that helps contribute towards your wellness.
Have you ever stopped to think about how you speak to yourself? I recently did a live video – only a short and sweet one, but it was about self talk – the impact it has on you and why we should be more conscious about what we say to ourselves. Here I talk about how I have recently been speaking to myself and why I shouldn’t. I’ve been knocking the confidence out of myself and thought – you know what, i wouldn’t speak to anyone else this way so why am I being so harsh to myself?!
I can guarantee that most of you don’t speak that nicely to yourselves and this definitely adds to your mental wellness – change this up and have more belief in yourself and your abilities.
If you wouldn’t speak to your child/friend/family member or younger self that way – then be quick when ditching the bitching talk!
Anyway, back to wellness – i really do get side-tracked.
Here are some ways to help you have a more positive wellness approach:
1. Love yourself – look in the mirror and tell yourself you are amazing, because even though you might not think so – you ARE!
2. Positive Self Talk – like above, but say out loud positive affirmations to make you feel great and to set you up for the day. Check out this great article on positive affirmations.
3. Spend time with people that make you feel good – if you don’t feel happy when you’ve left their presence – change your circle! You become the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with. If you spend your time with 4 other bitches, you’ll become the 5th bitchy bitch – nobody likes a bitch.
4. Drink more water – massively help you concentrate more and think better – simple but the science behind it proves it’s all correct!
5. Eat colourful foods! I’m on the Plyo Nutrition Meal Prep – it’s so handy to have your meals cooked and prepared for you – bonus that they are super healthy!
7. Get yourself a gratitude journal and write down what you’re grateful for each day – maybe something that has happened, or even if you can’t think of anything that day – you might be grateful for the electricity you have to power your home, the phone you’re reading this off – you get my drift.
Hopefully some of these things will help you realise that it’s not all about eating healthy and exercising, but to look after the mind too.
Have a great day!
To receive my latest news, social media top tips and freebies.